Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 3A5 CA
Experienced Sous Chef needed for East Coast Resort
A beautifully located, East Coast resort requires a Sous Chef who will report to the property’ s Executive Chef. With over 100 rooms on a gorgeous property, this resort needs an experienced Sous Chef who is capable of handling the busy operations and ensuring that all guests are provided with memorable meals and service. This role offers a fantastic opportunity to join a strong and supportive team and to further develop your already strong culinary career.
This role is 2nd in command of the kitchen operations and reports to the Executive Chef. The Sous Chef will be responsible for overseeing the daily activities of the hotel’ s Restaurant and to assist the Executive Chef with the all functions of the kitchen, restaurant, bar and meeting space. The Sous Chef will also assist as needed for menu and recipe development, staff training, performance reviews, maintaining accurate records, production and staffing schedules, food cost controls and adhering to sanitation standards.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- You are responsible for the complete satisfaction of both your customers and staff alike
- Under the responsibility of the Executive Chef, you are responsible for the perfect functioning of the kitchen in accordance with the standards in force and with the objectives set
- You assist the Executive Chef and help to create the visions, objectives and menus for the hotel
- You assume the full responsibilities of the kitchens while the Executive chef is away
- You possess strong financial skills and awareness and you control and manage the kitchen’ s equipment as well as the inventory, food costs and ordering of all food and beverage items
- You supervise the quality of the services and you ensure high quality foods while respecting all hygiene and company standards
- You minimize loss of foods and goods and monitor the quality of all products, ensuring all suppliers meet the highest standards and adhere to all contracted terms
- You are responsible for monitoring, managing and training of all staff to meet the highest standards of service and exceed the expectations of the guest and management
- You show initiative and creativity in the development of your team and encourage your employees to continually exceed the culinary standards of the company; ensuring there is strong team unity and a supportive work environment
- Right to work in Canada is required
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Previous Experience in food production for banquets or catered events is preferred
- Strong skills in training and mentoring required
- Team spirit, organization, flexibility and creativity will be major assets for this post
- Salary is $40, 000 CAD (negotiable as per experience)
If you are interested in this role and you meet ALL of the above requirements, please submit your resume in WORD format.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applicants, only those that meet all of the client’ s requirements and expectations will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.