Sales & Marketing Manager
Our client is a premier event destination in Toronto and they are looking for a high energy, venue sales and marketing management professional, with a strong work ethic, who is driven, and exudes positive energy.
As Manager, Sales & Marketing, you should use your creativity and thorough knowledge of the industry, marketing and sales process to provide innovative ideas for business growth.
Communication and management skills are also essential for this position.
• Functions as the leader of the venue’ s sales department.
• Manages the venue' s reactive and proactive sales efforts.
• Responds to inquiries, including sales quotes and venue proposals.
• Implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations, including events planning,
and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
• Provides day to day leadership to achieve venue sales objectives with overall
responsibility for achieving booking goals and venue revenues.
• Builds and manages marketing channels through all campaigns, including digital and
creative sales collateral to grow sales opportunities
• Implements the brand’ s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and focuses on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of the venue’ s’ sales objectives.
• Develops and implements marketing strategies that deliver products and services to
meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’ s target customer profile.
• Suggests innovative marketing ideas and develops deployment strategies to continue to grow market share.
• Creates, maintains and strengthens Company’ s overall brand in all forms of media.
• Determines and develops marketing communication activities.
• Develops and writes external communications.
• Identifies public relations opportunities and coordinates activities to augment the
overall marketing communication strategy.
• Oversees or executes all social media posts – to ensure proper image portrayal to the
• Develops editorial content for all social media channels.
• Maintains general Company’ s website functionality, efficiency and key messaging.
• Posts creative website content with pictures & video for all venue’ s functions & events.
• Asserts comprehensive knowledge and awareness of the event venue market.
• Plans new promotions and initiatives, and contributes to business development.
• Leads and oversees short and long-term projects, promotional materials, ensuring all
artwork and items are on brand and delivered on time.
• Conducts market research to identify effective promotional methods and negotiates
• Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the database.
• Manage in-house photography and videos to achieve marketing standards.
• Post-secondary education in Marketing, Business or Hospitality.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role in the industry.
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills to effectively negotiate,
persuade, influence, and sell are critical.
• Possess strong sales and negotiation skills with solid customer service attitude.
• Proven prospecting and new business development abilities.
• Maintain a high level of professional standards including appearance, demeanor, ethics and image of self.
• Maintain positive employee relations in a supportive, team-oriented environment.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage a
variable work load, ensuring timely and accurate completion.
• Ability to meet deadlines and demonstrate a sense of urgency.
• Analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude.
• Poise, presence, and the ability to handle volume with grace.
• The ability to dedicate the hours to be successful.
• Proficiency in Event Management Software and all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.