Manager of Venue Sales
Toronto, Ontario M5H 2K1 CA
Venue Sales Manager
We currently have a fantastic opportunity in Toronto for a Sales Manager of a fantastic event venue. In this role, you will report directly to, and work with closely with, the Owner and Operations Manager in implementing and driving the on-going Sales strategy for this busy city-centre event space.
You will be responsible for establishing, implementing and executing the strategic sales efforts to ensure the successful positioning of the venue and continually achieving annual revenue and booking goals. You will maximize sales, grow business share and ensure the establishment maintains its excellent reputation throughout the city.
The successful candidate will be well connected and known to key business partners and have a strong presence within the events/functions segment, preferably with extensive previous experience in Toronto. You will be responsible for taking the lead and managing the sales efforts, initiating strategic promotions and initiatives to drive sales, managing Service Level Agreements with key accounts and monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of your sales strategies.
- Manage the venue' s reactive and proactive sales efforts
- Create and Implement Sales strategies and processes to grow venue revenues
- Respond to inquiries, including sales quotes and venue proposals
- Implement a seamless turnover from sales to operations, including events planning, while consistently delivering the highest levels of service
- Provide day-to-day leadership to achieve venue sales objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and venue revenues
- Focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of objectives
- Assert comprehensive knowledge and awareness of the event venue market
- Serves as the sales contact for customers; serves as the customer advocate; manages the effective resolution of guest issues.
- Supports internal and external stakeholders to ensure projects and sales support activities are completed to specifications and deadlines.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecast.
- Leads sales strategy, forecast and budget meetings to provide input on weekly and overall sales strategy.
- Conduct sales reviews weekly/monthly within the venue and always know what is causing the specific results.
- Post-secondary education in Sales & Marketing, Business or Hospitality
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar Sales role in the industry
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills to effectively negotiate, persuade, influence, and sell are critical
- Proven prospecting and new business development abilities with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Maintain positive employee relations in a supportive, team-oriented environment
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage a variable work load, ensuring timely and accurate completion
- Analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Poise, presence, and the ability to handle volume with grace
- Proficiency in Event Management Software and all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook