Hotel Financial Controller
60 E 54th St New York, NY 10111 United States
HOTEL FINANCIAL CONTROLLER - NYC
A luxury International boutique hotel group with award winning properties in North America and Europe, is seeking an experienced Financial Controller responsible for managing all aspects of hotel finances for this NYC property.
This person reports to the Group Financial Controller and will be responsible for current accounting standards and federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Preparation of financial statements, forecasts, budgets, profit and loss statements
- Compliance reports for the business
- Ensuring all departmental accounting standards are upheld
- Assist accounting department with financial information and forms for tax compliance needs
- Review and approve annual budgets and projections
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards
- Closely monitor funds transfer and cash disbursement protocols within the organization
- Set or revise organizational policy when necessary
- Develop and maintain relationships with outside banking and insurance executives
- Fraud detection and prevention
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience.
- Minimum 3 years in the hotel industry
- Maturity is an advantage
- Masters’ Degree in Business, Hospitality, or Related field preferred
- Certified Management Accounting (CMA) designation a plus
- Working knowledge of or experience with Advanced managerial accounting, Quantitative management analysis, Forensic accounting and audit