Executive Pastry Chef
Nassau, IN BS
Executive Pastry Chef for Dynamic 5* Hotel Resort Complex in Caribbean
Our client, a major 5* Hotel and Restaurant complex in the Caribbean is looking for an Executive Pastry Chef to manage, control and direct all aspects of the pastry and baking operations, meeting high standards of quality for all preparation, production and presentation to all food outlets and banquet facilities.
The Executive Pastry Chef will oversee the preparation of all menu items and proper handling and storage of all food items, and lead the pastry and baking department teams. He/she is responsible for control of food and labor costs, pastry and bread product quality and quantity, and coordination of pastry and bread production for banquet and restaurant functions.
The Executive Pastry Chef is responsible for the development and preparation of all desserts, baking, bread products, showpieces and chocolates for all outlets and banquets.
The Executive Pastry Chef is also responsible for maintaining payroll and productivity within budgeted guidelines, the development and training of team members and maintaining sanitation and health regulation standards.
- Minimum Culinary College with related pastry diploma or certification of pastry and baking training or apprenticeship
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in senior management role at 5* hotel or resort
- Proven knowledge of food and labor cost control in high-volume environment
- Extensive experience in pastry and baking for high-volume banqueting, fine dining and buffets including showpieces, chocolate and sugar work
- International exposure and knowledge of authentic Caribbean cuisine
- Experience in managing and training
- Exceptional communication skills
- Food Handler’ s Certificate, First Aid and CPR
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Inventory software
- Fluency in English
Salary is negotiable based on experience plus annual vacation, housing allowance, expatriate benefits and bonus plan.
Please send your full resume details to: email@example.com in MS Word format as an attachment. We will then respond to you with further information on the above assignment.
Renard International would like to thank all candidates for their interest, but regret that only those qualified will be contacted for further discussions in regards to the above position. Applicants who do not meet the requirements of the job need not apply. Unless your experience matches our job description, we will not confirm receipt of your application.