Koh Krabey Islands, Ream Commune, Cambodia, Preah Sihanouk Province, 10600 Thailand
Executive Chef needed for Ultra-Luxury Resort in SE Asia
Our client is a world-leader in offering unique, luxury resort experiences. They currently require the services of a leading Executive Chef in SE Asia to oversee the operations of a very high-calibre and exclusive Resort. Every aspect of the guests’ stay will be tailored to their desires and that includes their culinary experience! Under your direction, and with a focus on local ingredients, farm-to-table suppliers and sustainable practices, your culinary team will create an unforgettable and immersive adventure for each guest. You will also lead the on-site farming operations and so experience with growing your own produce will be essential.
Within the role of Executive Chef you will assist within the recruitment, kitchen organization, kitchen set-ups, hygiene practices, menu development, food procurement, sustainable food practices and fiscal responsibility. To succeed in this role you will rely on every skill and every experience you have had. You will work shoulder-to-shoulder with your team and you will push them, and yourself to the limits of what can be achieved in a kitchen.
Due to limited Staff Housing, the candidate will not be able to travel with their family or partner. Single Accommodation Only.
Requirements and Expectations
- Skilled in SE Asian cooking techniques and strong knowledge of local ingredients required
- Onsite farming experiences and practices are a great skill set to possess for this role. Farm-to-Table is a big part of the vision
- Previous SE Asian experience is a strong asset
- Experienced in Pre-opening planning & implementation
- Proven leadership capability with an inspirational personality towards education and coaching Candidates
- Must genuinely believe in mindful and sustainable food practices from the seed to culmination
- Able to provide a highly attractive and cohesive culinary program throughout the region
- Adventurous and positive attitude, with a passion to explore and experiment
- Flexible and creative, with the ability to do more with less.
- Intelligent, strong, motivated, and highly detail-oriented, with a low-ego.
- A strong communicator and collaborator
- Salary range $5, 000 USD/month NET
- Equal participation of service charge and participation in the company incentive plan
- Return air ticket to home destination each year
- 20 days annual leave & 12 public holidays
- Full medical insurance coverage
- Accommodation, utilities, all meals & laundry