Director of Business Development
Los Angeles, CA 90012 US
Director of Business Development for a Luxury Island Resort
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join one of the most highly-rated, global luxury Hotel Companies. Our client has an international luxury island resort and they are searching for an experienced Director of Business Development that will be based in California. This role will be a home-based position, building the sales of American clientele to this international luxury island resort.
In this role, you will use your extensive network and connections within the American travel and hotel industries to drive the Sales strategy for this exclusive island property.
You will be responsible for establishing, implementing and executing the strategic sales efforts to ensure the successful positioning of the hotel and continually achieving annual revenue and occupancy targets. You will maximize sales, grow business share and ensure the property maintains its excellent reputation throughout the competitive region and you will lead and direct extensive business development initiatives. You should be well-known and well-respected by key national clients and business partners and have a strong presence within the luxury market segment in the United States.
While based in California, this position reports directly to, and works closely with, the Resort’ s General Manager.
- Manages the development and implementation of the strategic sales plan
- Able to analyze travel data from American European markets and use this information accordingly
- Provides customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Researches competitor’ s sales strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy, RevPAR and market share
- Determines and develops business strategies and leads and directs extensive & creative initiatives
- Identifies PR opportunities and coordinates activities to support the overall marketing communication strategy
- Develops strong partnerships with key stakeholders to further increase brand/product awareness
- Provides support to the sales team and the Reservations and Revenue team
- Must have the legal right to work within the United States
- Ability to travel as needed to the resort or to visit clients
- Possess at least 5 years minimum experience in Leadership position in Sales and Marketing
- Previous Luxury Hotel experience in a senior sales role required. Proven ability to sell rooms with an ADR of $1000.00USD+
- Strong industry connections and diverse network throughout North America
- Demonstrated sales performance track record and proven management skills
- Adapts to change quickly and displays strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to be self-sufficient and results oriented. Ability to work effectively from a Home-Office environment
Salary & Package
Salary is approximately $100, 000USD and will be negotiated as per the candidate’ s skills, qualifications and connections.