Director Sales and Marketing
325 Bay Street Toronto, Ontario CA
Director of Sales & Marketing – GTA, Canada
We have been retained to seek an exceptional Director of Sales and Marketing for an upcoming property in the GTA. An outstanding Director of Sales and Marketing with excellent connections in Canada and USA. Someone who is motivated to join one of the best luxury hotel operators in the world and be a part of this exciting development.
Our client is seeking an individual who has sound sales and marketing knowledge and comes from a similar 5-star property background. The main responsibility of this position will be to implement an aggressive sales plan aimed at maximizing the potential of the business. The position requires sound business acumen and the need to develop business relationships with customers while at the same time completing objectives, training, managing and motivating a Sales team.
The ideal candidate should have proven experience in leading sales initiatives and managing and directing a professional sales staff. This is an excellent opportunity for a current Director of Sales and Marketing who is ready to take the next step in their career and would be interested in joining a progressive and leading hotel group. The successful candidate will be responsible for generating top line revenue to meet or exceed budget expectations. He/she will work closely with the General Manager and hotel team to develop and implement an effective revenue-generating plan to achieve the highest possible occupancy, rate and revenue.
The Director of Sales & Marketing is also required to have the ability to develop a sound and progressive sales plan, participate and coordinate all key sales initiatives, including sales blitzes, familiarization trips, client events and tradeshows. You will have considerable experience in developing marketing plans and should be familiar with all aspects of RevPar, managing business to business relationships, and developing partnerships as applicable.
The candidate must demonstrate a comprehensive approach in obtaining and maintaining priority list of accounts and the focus will be on building business, providing a stable and positive work environment for the team to achieve budgeted goals. You will also be responsible for championing and growing existing accounts, generating new business and creating a marketing plan, budget and forecast.
• Proven track record of success in a Director of Sales & Marketing role.
• Must be able to expertly train, motivate and manage a team.
• A solid understanding of yield management, GDS systems, price and positioning strategies.
• Excellent knowledge of uses/applications of Front Office, Yield and Reservations Systems.
• Capability of setting clear objectives for business development, quality, customer satisfaction and energetically leading and organizing the team to achieve targets and meet deadlines.
• Capability for developing effective promotions.
• Ability to conform to the Hotel’ s brand standards and corporate identity.
• Ability to continuously improve the product range and the image of the property.
• Customer and quality focus with good operations background.
You need to be proactive, flexible and able to travel. You should also be a true seller in every meaning of the word!
Salary: 140, 000 – 150, 000 Canadian Dollars plus benefits package.