Assistant Financial Controller OR Financial Controller
Ontario Resort, ONT L4M 4T5 CA
Our prestigious client in Ontario requires an Assistant Financial Controller OR Financial Controller with a minimum of 5 years experience in a luxury, 5 star hotel/resort environment and should ideally have their CMA or CGA designation. You are currently an Assistant Financial Controller in a similar business style operation or as a Hotel Controller for a smaller property that would be interested in moving to a higher quality property in Ontario and joining this major hotel and hospitality organization.
The qualified candidate will have Canadian experience and knowledgeable in all areas of finance. In working for the Regional Director, Finance and the General Manager, you will be responsible for all revenue audits, inventory, point of sales and daily revenue audit, general ledger and financial systems. You must have excellent knowledge of hotel accounting systems and procedures related to this type of operation. Sound business judgment, leadership and team player abilities as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required. Consistently maintaining all financial records to the highest professional standards are a must.
- Reviews all revenue, expense and liabilities recorded for the hotel on a daily basis.
- Assists in preparing daily and monthly reports for management, including financial statement preparation, month end entries and reconciling all asset, liability, profit and loss accounts.
- Ensures that reporting staff are knowledgeable with the hotel personnel procedures and policies and adhere to all resort service standards.
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, orientation, evaluation and discipline of all reporting personnel in conjunction with the Regional Director, Finance and the General Manager.
- Responsible for the day to day review of all hotel operations and ensures that revenue and expenses are recorded accurately.
- Completes all account reconciliations and reports ensuring appropriate action is taken as required.
- Actively work with heads of departments in reviewing their monthly revenue, expense and payroll productivity reports.
- Assists with the planning and monitoring of all hotel inventories
- Responsible for the motioring and development of internal controls within the hotel environment.
- Review and monitor payroll vacation, gratuities, statutory holidays, sick and other payroll related miscellaneous payments .
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly sales tax, Statistic Canada and other government required reports.
- Assists the Regional Director, Finance in the preparation of the annual budget, monthly and weekly forecasts.
- Assist the operation personnel in the preparing operational budgets.
- University/College degree in Accounting or equivalent post secondary Accounting designation.
- Excellent mathematical, problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Past experience in the management of accounting employees. Knowledge of previous back office accounting systems
- Knowledge of Fidelio/Micros or other PMS/POS systems. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to understand all hotel systems and provide recommended process changes if required.
- Knowledge of hotel industry internal controls and their implementation.
The compensation for this position is $90, 000 and a comprehensive and outstanding company benefit package is offered. **All applicants must be Canadian citizens or have landed immigrant status to be considered for this growth oriented position**
(Please note, this position is NOT in Toronto, you should be willing to relocate in Ontario)
Managed by: Robin Sheardown
Email me Directly
Happy New Year and all the very best in 2018.
Please kindly keep reviewing our latest hospitality management career opportunities at: www.renardinternational.com