Catering Sales Manager
GTA Toronto, Ontario Canada
Catering Sales Manager - GTA - Catering Company
Our Client is a very successful catering company in the GTA and is urgently seeking the talents of an experienced Catering Sales Manager who is self-motivated and a team player. The candidate preferred must have excellent and current Catering Sales experience.
The candidate should have excellent communication, management, problem solving, customer service and organizational skills. This position has a responsibility for developing new and existing accounts in order to achieve maximum revenue.
* Researches market in order to identify potential sources of business within the market segment(s) assigned.
* Solicits business through pre-planned personal sales calls, mailers, marketplaces, attendance at receptions, promotions, telephone calls...
* Accurately confirms all bookings, quotes and negotiates contracts and rate structure, credit policies and corporate policies and procedures.
* Maintains an up -to-date accurate client tracking system by which a logical thorough call pattern can be established.
* Is in close contact with the client or group while in house in order to ensure satisfaction and also to enable re-solicitation for future business.
* Is constantly involved with guest feedback in order to maintain product need and standard of hotel performance.
* Responsible for full market knowledge as it relates to competitors. * Attends trade shows/marketplaces, blitzes.
* Prepares a group resume or group specifications form outlining pertinent details required by operations and accounting.
* With support from the other catering manager, calls back previous customers to solicit repeat business. .
* Prepares contracts ensuring accurate pricing and details.
* Initiates calls to prospective clients from sales leads.
* Meets clients face-to-face as necessary.
* Develops packages for meetings, weddings, Christmas
* Calls customers before events to confirm attendance and other details. * Holds pre-function meetings to review function set-up and service.
* Oversees large functions i.e. Weddings & conferences. Meets with the convener of the function and provides support to ensure a successful event.
* Forecasts revenues
* Ensures proper organization of work environment
* Attends daily operations meeting to update department heads of upcoming meetings, Events and weddings.
* Conducts extensive outside sales calls, site inspections and maintains contact with existing clients
* Develops leads and new business through continued prospecting/networking
* Stays currents on local competition and marketplace, conducting price comparisons
* Solicit corporate group in the GTA.
* Develops and maintains relationships with key clients in order to produce corporate group business
* Minimum 2 years experience in related position (i.e. banquet facility, catering sales).
* High school diploma or equivalent (preferably in Hospitality Management).
* Proficient in computer programs: Word, Excel, Outlook.
* Must have the ability to work within time constraints and meet deadlines.
* Advanced interpersonal skills for dealing with clients and peers.
* Required to be self motivated, decisive, responsible and capable of working under stressful situations.
* Friendly and courteous disposition.
* Ability to work extended hours due to business levels, including weekends and nights.
* Previous knowledge of catering/event room set-up preferred.
* Must have a valid driving license and car.
Compensation will be a base salary and a very progressive commission/incentive bonus that would bring the total package to $75, 000 to $80, 000++ if you hit all the catering sales targets as well as a mileage allowance will be offered. This is a top sales position and we are only seeking the best of the best in catering sales in the GTA. This is NOT an order taker role on the phone.